Introduction


Hello internet! Welcome to my new blog. This is where I’ll be sharing project updates, inspiration, painting tips and techniques, things that are happening in my universe (mostly art but occasionally personal), and whatever else I feel the need to share. Since this is my first ever blog post, I thought I'd start off by introducing myself and my art. Here goes: 

I’m Sabrina Epton, a 23 year old artist from Orange County, California. Like 99.9% of artists, i enjoyed drawing, painting, and basically anything arts-and-craftsy as a child. I took a handful of fundamental art classes over the years but never considered art as a career path because there were other "more sensible” paths I thought I should follow. So, I went to Saddleback College and eventually the University of California San Diego to study psychology. After a few years I discovered that while I LOVED learning about psychology, I did not want to practice it in the real world. That’s when I decided to pick up a pencil (my preferred medium at the time), turn my bedroom into a tiny studio, and see where art took me. 

A quick look at my website and social media will tell you that I've tried a bunch of different mediums and styles. I started out primarily using colored pencils and dabbled in oils and gouache. But then I discovered the world of fluid painting and boy what a rush! I loved how unpredictable and natural the results were as the paint essentially went where it wanted to go. After about a year of abstract pieces I’m venturing back into oil painting as well. I use whatever medium is best suited for the  project idea I have, which is great because it keeps me from getting bored/burnt out on one medium. As for subject matter, I tend to gravitate towards things that are symmetrical, colorful, or otherwise pleasing to the eye. For now this mostly includes things found in nature such as galaxies, fruit, and flowers (although I am compelled to paint the occasional brain or octopus, which Im realizing now actually do fit into the criteria listed above!) 

Well that’s my art-self in a nutshell. Besides being an artist, I work as a nanny and pet sitter. I live at home and I’m the oldest of three children. Our house has four pets- 3 cats and a dog. I love chocolate, tea, crystals, succulents, colorful or iridescent things (my favorite colors are blue, purple, burgundy, and mint), as well as anything with interesting texture. 

To keep up to date with my art journey, please follow this blog and check out my other links below. Feel free to leave a comment and introduce yourself as well! 

Comments

Popular Posts